New Times Hair states that Practical wig storage is essential for protecting your client’s investment. Whether synthetic or human hair, wigs can come with a considerable price tag. Proper storing techniques will maximize your client’s purchase value and extend the wig’s lifespan.
Plus, understanding the art of wig storage is critical for maintaining the desired style and appearance of the wigs. Whether custom-made or stock ones, proper storage helps retain the shape and quality of the wig fibers, ensuring they look fresh and vibrant every time your clients wear them.
So, how to store a wig at home. In this post, we’ve listed some practical wig storage tips. Familiarize yourself with them and share these tips with your clients; doing so will guarantee their return for new ones.
How to Store a Wig: Start With the Locale
Discover the secrets of optimal wig storage right at home! Let’s start with their perfect sanctuary – the closet. These fabulous, dry havens play a crucial role in extending the lifespan of your wigs, shielding them from mold, and preventing fading.
Immerse your clients’ wigs in the dark, cool air and witness the magic of sustained freshness. Whether you’ve opted for a synthetic or human hair wig, the secret lies in selecting a dry storage location. Boost your wig game and maintain that just-bought allure for an extended period.
Wig Storage Ideas
When not in use, preserving the pristine condition of the wigs is paramount. Shielding them from the elements—sunlight, dust, and air—is critical. Here, we present a variety of options for storing cherished hairpieces:
- Luxury wigs often arrive in elegant packaging – exquisite boxes designed with sophistication. Not only do these boxes look opulent, but they also feature stackability. This convenient design allows you to effortlessly organize your collection, ensuring quick and convenient access to your high-end wigs.
- For wigs without a box, follow these steps: fold the wig in half from ear to ear, place tissue inside the wig cap to maintain its shape, and then carefully tuck it into a clean plastic bag. This safeguards the wig and doubles as a handy travel hack, allowing your clients to save space and minimize the number of luggage pieces needed.
- For clients who frequently change wigs, a wig stand proves to be an ideal storage solution.
- Get airtight plastic containers for wig storage. Label each container with the colors and names of the wigs, ensuring an easy grab-and-go experience.
- Collapsible wig stands will also do. These stands take up minimal space and prove to be travel-friendly. This choice will maintain your wig’s natural flow and style while ensuring practicality and convenience, especially on the go.
- Styrofoam heads offer an affordable and lightweight option for wig storage. Shaped like a human head, they are ideal for maintaining the shape of your wig. It’s a cost-effective solution that is both practical and convenient.
TIPS FOR STORING YOUR WIG
Bid your client remember these tips when storing a wig:
- Ensure you wash your wig before storing it.
- Ensure the wig isn’t tangled or damp.
- Shield your wigs from direct sunlight and heat. Prolonged exposure to sunlight and high temperatures can dull the color and break down the fibers of the hair, compromising the overall quality of your wigs.
- When storing on mannequins or stands, take precautions to protect them from hazards like pets, children, and dust.
How to store a wig at home? We’ve covered various options, from stackable boxes to airtight containers, collapsible stands, and Styrofoam heads. Remember to wash wigs before storage, shield them from sunlight and heat, and protect them from pets and dust.
Here’s a perfect opportunity to stock up on some excellent human hair wigs and extensions. New Times Hair only uses premium human hair for its top-tier wigs. This Black Friday 2023 wig sale is still in full swing, running for 17 days. Get registered to unlock the awesome Black Friday wig deals!