An engineering graduate without a set plan has two options in our country – either look for a job or pursue higher education. Usually, both options find equal takers. When it comes to higher education, graduates usually go for MBAs if they want to get into management roles, but others who still want to practice engineering in their career get into the best colleges for MTech placement in India.
In this blog, we discuss what the MTech course entails, as we explore if pursuing this postgraduate degree from M Tech colleges in Jaipur or elsewhere can guarantee a successful and high-paying career.
|Table of Contents
All About an MTech Degree
An MTech is a two-year postgraduate program in a specific branch of engineering or technology, designed to train students for research and development, teaching, or industry roles. This course, at government and private engineering colleges in India, offers advanced knowledge and skills training in the chosen specialisation.
For more information about this course at M Tech colleges in Jaipur and the rest of India, check out the table below.
|Master of Technology (MTech)
|Mode of Examination
|Average Course Fee
|INR 1 – 3 Lakhs
|INR 3 -7 LPA
|Google, Amazon, Qualcomm, ICICI, Microsoft, Apple, etc.
Some of the common specialisations offered by Arya College Jaipur in its M.Tech programs are:
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for MTech Programs
To enrol in an M.Tech program, you need to have a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) or a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degree in a relevant discipline, with a minimum percentage of marks as specified by the college. Most MTech colleges in Jaipur and the rest of India also require you to qualify for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) – a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Some colleges may also conduct their own entrance tests or interviews for admission.
What are the Benefits of an M.Tech Degree?
Getting an M.Tech degree from MTech colleges in Rajasthan or other states of India can offer you many benefits, such as:
- Enhancing your knowledge and skills in your chosen field of engineering through the duration of your study at M Tech colleges in Jaipur or elsewhere.
- Opening up new opportunities for career growth and advancement, both in the public and private sectors.
- Increasing your chances of getting hired by reputed companies or organizations that value research and innovation.
- Improving your salary prospects and earning potential as compared to B.Tech or B.E graduates.
- Prepare you for pursuing further studies such as PhD or post-doctoral research at government or private colleges in India or abroad.
- Developing your soft skills like analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking abilities.
- The best private colleges in Jaipur also enable access to state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and resources for learning and research.
- Enabling you to network with peers, mentors, experts, and industry leaders in your field.
How to Prepare for the M.Tech Entrance Exam?
The M.Tech entrance exam, or GATE, is one of the most competitive exams in India and is required to get admission to most M Tech colleges in Jaipur and elsewhere in India. It is conducted online and has multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions. The MCQs have four options each, out of which only one is correct. The NAT questions require you to enter a numerical answer using a virtual keyboard. There is a negative marking for wrong answers in MCQs, but not in NAT questions.
To prepare well for the GATE exam, you should follow these tips:
- Start your preparation early, at least six months before the exam date.
- Choose your core subject wisely, based on interests, rest and strengths.
- Refer to the syllabus and the previous question papers to get an idea of the exam pattern and difficulty level.
- Study the concepts and topics thoroughly from standard textbooks and reference books.
- Practice solving as many mock tests and sample papers as possible, under time constraints and exam conditions.
- Revise the important formulas, definitions, facts, and concepts regularly.
- Focus on your weak areas and improve them by seeking guidance from teachers or experts.
- Manage your time effectively during the exam, and attempt the easy questions first.
- Avoid guesswork and silly mistakes, and check your answers carefully before submitting.
- Best colleges for MTech placement require skilful candidates to meet all the industry norms and requirements.
How to Choose the Best College for Your Specialisation?
After qualifying for the GATE exam, you need to apply for admission to various colleges that offer M.Tech programs in your specialisation. The admission process may vary from college to college but generally involves filling up an online application form, paying an application fee, submitting relevant documents, attending counselling sessions, and confirming your seat allotment. Some M Tech colleges in Jaipur or elsewhere may also conduct their own entrance tests or interviews for admission.
To choose the best college for your specialisation, you should consider these factors:
- The reputation and ranking of the college among other M Tech colleges in Jaipur and the rest of India.
- The accreditation and affiliation of the college by recognized bodies
- The faculty and infrastructure of the college
- The curriculum and pedagogy of the M.Tech program
- The placement and alumni record of the college, including the average salary, highest salary, and number of recruiters that visit the campus every year.
- The fee structure and scholarship opportunities of the college
- The location and campus life of the college
An MTech degree can be a boon for engineers who want to remain engineers but still progress their careers enough to be high-earning specialists in their fields of interest. While this postgraduate degree opens up many job opportunities that are not available to engineers with just an undergraduate degree, getting into M Tech colleges in Jaipur or elsewhere may not be an easy task, as it is usually gatekept by entrance examinations like GATE.
1. Is getting admission to Mtech programs at Arya College hard?
No, Arya College does not require you to sit for any entrance exams like GATE to get into one of the MTech programs offered by it, and the minimum marks required to be eligible are also quite low at 45%.
2. What are some job roles I can get with an MTech?
Some of the common job roles that you can get with an MTech are those of assistant engineer, production engineer, project engineer, researcher, lecturer, software developer, etc.
3. What are some other common Mtech entrance exams?
Some other common entrance exams in India for getting admission to MTech programs include OJEE, CUCET, GUJCET, etc.
4. What is the best alternative for MTech after BTech?
The best alternative to MTech after BTech is pursuing an MBA, which prepares you for management-level roles in tech companies.